Friday, July 1, 2011

Heads Up!


Here is a collection of in class and assignment drawings I did during my head drawing class. I love doing portraiture and this class really helped me practice capturing a person's likeness. Sorry for the poor quality in pictures. I took them on my cell phone in class before they would smudge on the way home. The drawing above was my favorite in class drawing. We were talking about using different levels for the background to get our desired effect. I liked the drama vibe so I usually opted for a darker background.


This was my final. It's based off a fellow student in the class who had an awesome serious sailor vibe.



An in class project where we did a portrait alternating between three students. It turned out a lot better than I thought it would!

A thumb nail for testing out different background levels. I liked this one a lot.


Some drawings from earlier in the semester.

Our first time dealing with a darkened background.



No comments: