Friday, December 23, 2011

Painting Journals


Hey all! Of course let me start out with the regular sorry for lack of posts! My last semester was insanely busy! But I've had a few guilt trips about neglecting my blog so I've been determined to update it. I have plans for my winter break to regularly practice my digital painting by taking scans of doodles from my sketchbook and updating/painting them. So I decided to try and make this a regular blog thing as well to kill two birds with one stone! I'll be including the initial sketches, the final paintings and as often as possible a video of the painting so I can look back at my process and learn from my mistakes as I go on. For my first one I did a mermaid that color wise felt a little holiday-ish to me. It's not really finished I guess but I kind of got myself stuck in a corner where I didn't really know what to do next to it so I figured I'd move on and come back o it later if I could think of what to do. The video isn't the whole process because I kept forgetting to do it but hopefully I'll remember better in the future. Hope you enjoy!

Original Sketch:


Painting Video:


2 comments:

Anwei said...

Really Impressive.
I like this one most of all!

Keep it up!

Rachel McAlister said...

Thanks! I'm trying :)