Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Brand New Year

Happy New Year! It's already a few days into the new year but it's only the 4th, so as long as we're still in single digits it still counts right!? For my first painting of the year I actually got my inspiration from a photo of my beautiful model cousin from a wedding dress shoot. I absolutely LOVED this dress, her pose and the general feeling of the photo so I wanted to try and capture it. I'm not 100% happy with it and I'm still trying to find a flat style that works for me but it's progress! I also switched from using imovie for my videos to premiere since imovie made 40GB sized files for 8 minute videos and took hours to edit with. Premiere is cool but it's going to take some getting used to, so please excuse any issues with the videos. Lots of learning to do this year!


My Cousin Virginia Martin

Oliver Tolentino Bridal Lookbook
Photographer: Mark Sacro
Designer: Oliver Tolentino
Makeup: Rokael Lizama
Hair: Yuri Sinata

Original Sketch


Progress Video


1 comment:

maurci said...

This is all so facinating to watch the whole process and how it evolves into your design!