Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Hola Seniora Terminator


newsprint, charcoal
This week lady terminator model payed a visit to our class. Although she didn't have the advantage of the prop and costume closet she did come terminator costume in tow, along with a couple flamenco skirts, scarfs, fans and bolero jackets. I absolutely loved experimenting with how to draw the ruffles. There were so many but my conte technique still worked pretty well for making the structure of them. But I tended to get lost in making them.

newsprint, charcoal

newsprint, charcoal
I had some trouble drawing her in her jacket from the front because it puffed her up but it hid her rather busty chest at the same time. So I had a difficult time trying to balance and make sense of the clothing.

newsprint, charcoal

newsprint, charcoal
The ruffles of this skirt made me so happy!

newsprint, charcoal
This wound up being my favorite piece of the day. The texture of the skirt and the frills in the jacket really fascinated me. And for whatever reason I seem to favor my from behind drawings. Which works out fine since I have a curse where I seem to always sit where the model doesn't feel like turning, haha.

newsprint, charcoal
This is actually from the next week, and it was the basket model returned. I had the same trouble drawing her since she had another very loose fitting outfit on her very small body and again asked to have a fan on her which made all sorts of chaos with this outfit. But I was a lot more comfortable dealing with it this time than I was the last time I had her.

No comments: