Sunday, November 28, 2010

Progress

Im on Thanksgiving break now and trying to get work done at home when all my stuff is back in San Francisco. I'm trying to do as much as I can but it's a little worrisome to not be able to make much progress on my finals so I'll have to buckle down when I get back.


bristol, pencil

Last week in Chiaroscuro we did another life drawing of the head. This time I was determined to learn how to do the kind of cross hatching technique my teacher does. Since I've been trying to learn it on my own since the beginning of the semester and have so far been unsuccessful I pestered him every break we had during class to teach me. After a few attempts he finally did and I must say I am in love with the way this turned out. It is nowhere near perfect but it looks a million times better (to me at least) than what I had been doing before. Hopefully it will translate well into my still life final!

No comments: