Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Renaissance Model

This week I got my ultimate model visually. Her face was very round shaped, very classically beautiful and reminded me a lot of women in renaissance paintings. And when she came to our class she brought the BEST wardrobe with her! If I had her body type I would have run away with all her clothes.

newsprint, charcoal
This is what Im most likely turning in for my homework this week. The substitute workshop instructor dressed her in this weird prom dress material dress that poofed out at the bottom and a similar material shawl. Last minute she handed her the giant cartoony skull prop she is holding. I ADORED this pose she put her in. It felt like a creepy kind of red riding hood. But I had some difficulty drawing the material and shape of the dress as well as her pose. We'll see how well it fairs.

Now since I am extremely comfortable with the 20 minutes I have more time. I like to put some emphasis in the face if I have time, and on this pose I really wanted to do that.

newsprint, charcoal
I think mu trouble with the fabric shows more here. I wish I had more time to try and figure it out but we only did it for the two poses.

newsprint, charcoal
Next she was in a long velvety dress with an equally velvety shawl. I think I did ok on trying to capture the material but the I feel like the emotion and pose are lacking.

newsprint, charcoal
When she came to our class she had a variety of coats and dresses and some of those creepy flat faced fur scarf things she snagged from the other building's prop closet. By this time I almost always have alot of time left over after I finish my shading and darkening my lines. So I began playing with adding details and darkening areas with a kind of cross hatching and line build ups.

I really like how the lines and cross hatching add a kind of texture to it as well as the feeling they give the overall piece.

newsprint, charcoal

some more detail shots of the new cross hatching treatment.

newsprint, charcoal

No comments: